Alzheimer’s and Dementia Awareness, 16th September 2017
Anyone with concerns can request a memory assessment via their GP. Early diagnosis will help family plan ahead and prepare better for when needs change.
Ten warning signs of dementia include:
- Memory Loss
- Difficulty performing familiar tasks
- Problems with language
- Disorientation to time and place
- Poor or decreased judgement
- Problems keeping track of things
- Misplacing things
- Changes in mood and behaviour
- Trouble with images and spatial relationships
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
For further information, please contact the Gibraltar Alzheimer’s and Dementia Society (GADS).