5 key reasons to vaccinate your child
- Protect your child. The vaccine will help protect your child against flu and serious complications such as bronchitis and pneumonia
- Protect you, your family and friends. Vaccinating your child will help protect more vulnerable family members, friends and members of the community
- No injection needed. The nasal spray is painless and easy to have
- It is better than having flu. The nasal spray helps protect against flu, it has been given to millions of children worldwide and has an excellent safety record
- Avoid costs. If your child gets flu, you may have to take time off work or arrange alternative childcare
Parents want to do the best they can for their child. There is a lot of health information to digest with every new child and it can be quite stressful if you have multiple questions or concerns. Talking through your feelings with your GP or child health nurse is always advisable, and wider reading from reputable sources can help. Try the following sites:
The World Health Organisation provide a larger list of sites meeting the criteria for good information practice, see it here.