What is social distancing ?
The following measures are crucial ones we should all be taking to reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible
- Work from home, where possible. Your employer should support you to do this.
- Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
Everyone is advised to follow the above measures and to significantly limit face-to-face interaction with friends and family if possible, particularly those who are at risk.
Public Health recommendations are to keep a distance of 2 metres (around 3 steps) between yourself and anyone else, to limit the spread of infection.