Sun Safety at MTV presents Gibraltar Calling Music Festival September 2nd and 3rd, 2017
The Public Health Team and UNITE, the Union once again promoted sun awareness at the annual September music festival at Bayside Sports Complex.
Free sun cream was available to all attending the festival on both days.
Sunburn is a clear sign that the DNA in your skin cells has been damaged by too much UV radiation. Getting sunburnt even once every two years can triple your risk of skin cancer (Cancer Research UK). If your skin has gone red after exposure to the sun, it is sunburnt; it does not have to be raw and peeling!
To be SunSafe the Public Health Department advises you to:
- seek shade between 11am and 4pm
- use plenty of sunscreen Factor 30 or greater
- wear loose clothing to cover your arms and legs
- wear sunglasses to protect your eyes
- use a wide brimmed hat to protect your head and neck