COVID-19 – Understanding Silver Time
*Details of protected time have now changed, please click here for updated post 22.6.20.*
As of Wednesday 10th June, the Government has introduced ‘Silver Time’ for those who are clinically vulnerable to COVID-19 due to a medical condition, in a manner that is similar to Golden Hour (read more here).
Commonwealth Park will be made available solely for those at risk between 9am and 9.45am. After this time the sites need to be vacated so that they can be sanitised in preparation for Golden Hour at 10am.
* Please note update as of June 16th with the commencement of our summer bathing season, the restrictions no longer apply on beaches.
Silver Time is available to anyone under the care of a GHA Consultant that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, immunotherapy or other continuing antibody therapy due to cancer.
- You have cancer of the blood or bone marrow (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma) and are at any stage of treatment.
- You have a rare disease that significantly increases the risk of infections (for example severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) or homozygous sickle cell).
- You are having targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors.
- You are pregnant and have significant heart disease- congenital or acquired.
- You have severe respiratory conditions including cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe 2 chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- You have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, and/or are still taking immunosuppressant drugs.
- You have had a solid organ transplant (Lung, Kidney, Heart or Pancreas).
- You are on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
- You have lung cancer and are undergoing radical radiotherapy.
- If you have another condition that you believe may make you particularly vulnerable and therefore eligible, this will be considered.
Arrangements can be made available to people who are over the age of 70 who rely on a carer (under the age of 70 and not part of the same household).
Anyone who wishes to attend Silver Time should apply online by completing the form here or by contacting the GHA on 200 07022 between 9am to 3pm on weekdays; an access pass will be issued.