Work and Wellbeing this Festive Season
Whether you are focused on finishing to-do lists before your well-earned annual leave or you are working over the holiday, staying on top of everything can feel particularly challenging at this time of year.
UK registered Charity MIND have developed some top tips to help manage mental health in the lead up to, and during, the festive period.
Wrapping up work
- Concentrate on tasks that are high priority and make a list of tasks that can wait until you return from the break. This will help you identify manageable tasks, lessen the load over your working days, and ensure you leave work at work when you have time off.
- Make sure you take regular breaks away from your workstation especially if your workplace gets busier during the lead up to Christmas.
- Focus on the positives. Reflect on your successes and acknowledge your accomplishments throughout the past year.
- Think about what you might want or need to change in the New Year. For example, if you’ve not been taking a proper lunch break, why not put a recurring appointment in your calendar in 2022 to keep that time free?
During the holiday
- Give yourself time to switch off and relax.
- If your work emails are linked to your phone, consider switching off notifications.
- Try to stick to your usual routine, including bedtimes.
- Stay active with some regular exercise.
- Try to enjoy fresh and healthy foods that will provide all the nutrients your body needs.
CLICK HERE to read more.