Banana and Apricot Bagels (www.nhs.uk/Change4Life)
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Nutritional information per bagel:
- 11.5g protein
- 46g carbohydrate of which 18g sugars
- 2g fat of which 1g saturates
- 5g fibre
- 0.7g salt
- 4 wholemeal bagels sliced in half
- 80g lower fat soft cheese
- 40g ready-to-eat apricots chopped
- 2 bananas
- Preheat the grill. Lightly toast the cut sides of each bagel.
- Mix the reduced fat soft cheese and apricots together and spread over the bagel bases.
- Top with sliced banana and sandwich the bagel tops in place.
Use sesame and poppy seed bagels for a change.
Omit the soft cheese, if you cannot eat dairy products, mash the banana and spread over the toasted bagel, then sprinkle the chopped apricots on top.
Sprinkle the banana with lemon juice or a pinch of nutmeg for extra flavour.