Easy Overnight Oats (www.nhs.uk/Change4Life)
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 10 mins
Nutritional information per portion:
- 294kcal Energy
- 10g protein
- 58g carbohydrate of which 29g sugars
- 4g fat of which 4g saturates
- 8g fibre
- 0.2g salt
- 150g high fibre porridge oats
- 25g dried cranberries
- 50g ready-to-eat apricots chopped
- 25g sultanas
- 300ml unsweetened apple juice
- 8 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 100g frozen (thawed) or fresh blueberries
- 100g frozen (thawed) or fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, mix together the porridge oats, cranberries, apricots and sultanas.
- Add the apple juice and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, divide the soaked mixture between 4 cereal bowls.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of natural yoghurt onto each portion.
- Share the blueberries and raspberries between the bowls.
Replace raspberries and blueberries, top with sliced banana or chopped fresh apple instead.
Use dried cherries instead of cranberries and raisins instead of sultanas.
For a dairy-free recipe, eliminate the yoghurt or replace with low fat soya-based yoghurt.