Refreshing fruit salad (www.nhs.uk/Change4Life)
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 15 min
Nutritional information per bowl
- 117kcal Energy
- 6g protein
- 23g carbohydrate of which 22g sugars
- 1g fat of which 0.5g saturates
- 1g fibre
- 0.2g salt
- 4 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 200g red or green seedless grapes halved
- ½ melon (Cantaloupe or Galia) peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 8 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 pinch ground ginger (optional)
- Mix together the sliced kiwi fruit, grapes and melon in a fruit bowl.
- Add ginger to the low fat yoghurt
- Share the fruit between four serving bowls and spoon the yoghurt mixture on top.
Try to eat a fruit salad with breakfast at least once a week, varying the fruit as you wish.
Different combinations could include: a) oranges, raspberries and blueberries; apple, mango and pomegranate seeds; b) pears, blackberries and sliced peach or nectarine.
If you choose canned fruit, make sure that it is in natural fruit juice, not syrup.
If you prefer not to eat dairy products, choose soya-based yoghurt instead.