Warm fruit salad with a slice of toasted fruit bread (www.nhs.uk/Change4Life)
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 min
Nutritional information per portion:
- 262kcal energy
- 9g protein
- 55.5g carbohydrate of which 48g sugars
- 1g fat of which 0.1g saturates
- 7.5g fibre
- 0.4g salt
- 4 ripe pears peeled, halved and cored
- 30g sultanas
- 200ml unsweetened apple juice
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice (optional)
- 2 oranges
- 4 slices sliced fruit bread
- 4 tbsp low fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
- Put the pears and sultanas or raisins into a saucepan with the unsweetened apple juice and mixed spice
- Heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the pears are tender.
- While the pears are cooking, peel the oranges and cut into segments.
- When the pears are ready, remove from the heat and add the orange segments.
- Toast the slices of fruit bread.
- Share the pear mixture between 4 bowls and top each portion with 1 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt. Serve with the toasted fruit bread.
Choose pears that are not too ripe or too hard.
Use regular low fat yoghurt instead of the 0% fat Greek variety.
Replace pears with 8 plums.