Moles, Freckles and Skin Cancer
Most skin cancers are a direct result of exposure to the UV rays in sunlight. Some people are more at risk than others and tend to have one or more of the following:
As a general rule, the paler your skin, the more careful you should be in the sun.
- fair skin that burns in strong sun
- red or fair hair
- lots of moles or freckles
- a personal or family history of skin cancer
- experience of sunburn, especially when young
- Follow the Advice provided on the site, and always protect your skin from the sun
- Avoid the use of sun beds or tanning booths
- If you have any concerns regarding the change in shape, colour or growth of a mole contact your G.P.